Today, we will discuss why aerosols are so important
First what are aerosols, you must observe that perfumes which we use in our daily life are compressed in a container why they are compressed? The main reason behind it, is that It provides uniform and constant delivery of contents. Aerosols contains compressed gas & liquified gas. Aerosols are used in pressurized packing of deodorants, perfumes, cosmetics & also for pressurized packing of medicines. Aerosols contains active ingredients dissolved or emulsified in a propellant. It is useful in oral or topical administration.
- 1837: A soda siphon incorporating a valve.
- 1942: first insecticide aerosol was developed.
- 1950: pharmaceutical aerosol for topical administration was developed.
- 1955: Epinephrine medication aerosol was developed.
Some Advantages of aerosols
- Chances of contamination is very less & can be removed without contamination of material
- It can deliver medication directly to the affected area
- It can reduce irritation produced by the mechanical application
- Can be used very easily
- May Provide rapid relief
Components of aerosols
- Propellant (It is responsible for developing proper pressure within the container)
- Container (body)
- Valve and actuator
- Product concentrate (medication)
Hydrocarbons can be used for water based aerosols & for topical use because of inexpensiveness. They are great solvents & does not cause ozone layer depletion.
Some eco friendly deodorants
Vanilla bean + lavender organic vegan deodorant
TREEWARE ECOLOGICAL LIVING
Keep your environment safe and healthy.